Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sunday, March 1st, 2009

Paula and I woke up at the crack of dawn to drive all the way to Bremen to watch Hubertus ride Larinna in her 2nd Grand Prix. It was so great. They won with a 68.708%. Granted there were not many other international riders to compete against, they were still awesome. And there was a lot of shopping. I got Roode some red shipping boots. The others are too short. I bought myself some black and pick pairs of argyle riding socks of course. And then I got Roode some melon green polo’s. They are bright against a dark horse. They make Roode look black.
On our way back home, we stopped in Verden to explore the German Horse Museum. It was interesting. Unfortunately, I could not read much. Instead, up front I bought an old Reiter und Pferd magazine with Rohdiamant (Roode’s sire) on the front cover. I bought a museum bag and a burlap sack-like bag with the famous Blue Horse Painting on it.
Then for a moment when we arrived home, the sun was out so I put Roode in turnout where he was jubilant and disgustingly wet and dirty after rolling for what seemed like a 100 times.

No comments:

archive