Thursday, March 5, 2009

Saturday, February 28th, 2009

Herr Schmidt is in Bremen with Larinna. So I had Roode to myself today. As I was getting ready to ride, Paula came running and squealing into my barn. She was yelling about how Larinna just placed 3rd in her 1st Grand Prix. It was very exciting. Paula calls Larinna her horse because she knows her from another farm and they are both Swedish.
I only tried to ride Roode the way I thought H.S. would be teaching me if he were there. At some points I was successful and then some I had resistance that may have been helped if he were there. I wanted to just make it an easy day but I couldn’t quit. I did not do any canter pirouettes but I practiced a lot of tempi changes. Everything was good until I came to the twos which suddenly I could only do two and then I don’t know what went wrong. I had him straight but there was some lack of balance being established somewhere.

No comments:

archive