Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another day at Fleyenhof is over. I wish I could re ride this one because it was so great. Roode is getting much stronger and the pirouettes have become very fun to ride. I have become confident enough to warm up on my own and now I can finish it in 10 minutes. Most of the thoughts that go through my mind as I ride the warm up are questions like is his neck low enough to work him over the back? Or are my hands and legs steady? And is he light and loose to the inside? And can I feel him in the outside rein and do I have the ability to half halt?
Roode’s schwung is getting so much better. He is swinging more in the back and I think the cadence has made a drastic change for the better. I love it. I can feel that Roode loves the work too. I give more breaks now too because I feel that we both need a breather after the work we’ve been doing.
4’s, 3’s, and 2’s are flying! I cannot wait to see what these can actually become. I am optimistic and hopeful that with more experience I will develop a better feel for timing with the leg changes and Herr Schmidt can stop saying that it is “my fault” all the time. It is my fault but I just need to keep at them. They are getting much better; I just often miss the last change. My other problem is not keeping Roode straight in the neck. So then the haunches are affected and the whole body becomes crooked. But, I am getting better and the quality of Roode’s gaits has improved immensely. As a funny side note, Herr Schmidt has turned to growling at me when I don’t do something correctly. I think it is a little bit funny but it scares me too.This weekend is a CDI in Bremen. Herr Schmidt is riding and tomorrow I am going to ask if I can go with them. Paula the groom is sure he will say yes but I can only hope. This CDI is about a 3 hour drive with the horses and they will be staying the night. I may have to see about accommodation.

No comments:

archive