Thursday, March 5, 2009

Monday, March 2nd, 2009

I had an early lesson today. I was successful at keeping Roode relaxed and nice in the movements but I felt like the more I tried to push for better quality and all the cadence and schwung that Herr Schmidt keeps talking about, Roode only became a little quicker in the tempo.
The canter quality feels better than the trot now. Who would have ever thought, I know. The trot has not been as good as I know it can be. There is some kind of standard that H.S. has and I get the feeling that I will get there soon. Roode can do it and I will come to the point where I won’t accept anything less than his best. Otherwise, it was good for a Monday.
This Friday March 5th, I will meet Kyra Kyrklund and spend the day watching her in the U.K. I am so excited. Then the rest of the weekend will be spent sleepless in London.

No comments:

archive